Sunday, February 6, 2011
120 days towards change...Starts tomorrow!
So. Just to be totally clear. Here are my 5 areas that I m looking forward to seeing changes in:
- Physical Body
- Health & Energy
- Creative Accomplishments
- Finances & Career
Daily Checklist (no matter what!):
- physical connection & activity
- food awareness & gratitude
- daily commitments for the day
- morning pages
- 3 finance/career actions/day
- 1 creative action/day
- nature appreciation
- visualization & imagery on each of 5 areas above
- With every interaction, think, "how can I give to this person in this transaction?"
- Flip Side Week (otherwise known as No Complaining Week). Also special note to be gentle to Self Week.
- Random Act of Kindness Week (or Pay-It-Forward Week). I'm aiming for at a bare minimum of 1/day... to friends, foe, and strangers.
- Good Vibes to People Week (Choose 1 person/day, and see that person surrounded in white light and getting all they deserve as much as possible throughout the day)
- Give tribute to Mentors Week (You remember WWJD? Substitute "J" for your mentor and act like they would... WW _ D?)
- Tackle my Weaknesses Week (Make a list of 7 Darknesses. Choose one per day. Devote each day to throwing every single tool I know of at it... affirmations, change of thoughts, change of actions, etc.)
- Eat only real, simple foods for a week. Also: goal to eat each meal doing nothing else except eating! No reading, no tv, just simple.
- Plan and make all meals at home for a week (no eating out... that includes Starbucks!)
**HALFWAY!... celebration and refection and correct/continue time!**
- Be Kind to the Environment Week (might become Bike Everywhere Week...maybe even Low-Electricity Week (ie... no TV week... gulp! ... keep ya posted)
- Switch It Up Week: do something new in everything... exercise, eating, route to work, daily routine... you name it!
- Simplify and Clear Space Week
- DO IT NOW week (otherwise known as No Procrastination Week)
- Confidence Week
- Marketing Myself Week: work on marketing projects I've been putting off (website updates much?!)
- Go out of Comfort Zone Week
- Notice the Changes and Love Yourself Week
**Also, THANKS to all the facebook peeps who posted their ideas... it was AWESOME to see everybody's ideas, and you can see I've shamelessly stolen some of them, thanks!*
Now. Rewards and punishments ideas (I don't know how much I'll be using them, but they're here just in case they work for anyone else?):
- Go to the spa/beauty parlour (mani, pedi, massage, etc.)
- Buy new music
- New clothing
- New Lush/Eco-friendly stuff
- Hang out at the SPCA with the puppies
- wake up extra early for meditation
- do Mike's chores for him
- clean out computer files, or other jobs I've been putting off
- donate money to a charity (alternative: put money in a jar and donate one big sum at the end)
- Do everything on the Daily List twice
- No TV
So.... that's the plan folks! Again, I am committing to blogging weekly (hopefully more!) and sharing my experiences. I'd love to hear comments if any of you try this -- even just a portion of it -- or if anyone out there has done something like this in the past, what has worked for them? I know this seems ambitious... but if I get to the end of the month and it's just too much, I will tone things down if needed. Or otherwise -- even more exciting -- if it just is so darned easy, I'll ramp up the changes.
Much, much love, and Happy 120 Days to Change!
Posted by Megan Phillips at 7:09 PM