Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cleanse - Day 3


Dear World.


So, I've committed to writing every day of this cleanse. At 11:37 at night, when I've been up for 18 hours and am waking up in 6.5, I'm not entirely sure how great a decision that was. However, commitment is what it is. And for some reason I've decided to "honour" commitments. Geez. Whoever's idea that was...

So today was the last of my Ease-In days. One thing I've done on this cleanse is to have 3 "Ease-In" days, 3 Masterfully cleansing days, and 3 "Ease-Out" days. "ease in" and "ease out" are the same 3 days, only mirror imaged to each other: day 1 - whole, living, organic fruits n veg all day. Day 2 - whole juices and soups. day 3 - juices (preferably orange).

The other thing about these next 10 days is that each day has a Theme, a small 1-2 sentence meditation, and a few action steps. that Yours Truly has come up with. (Yours Truly is me, by the way. Just wanted to confirm that.) So Day 1 - Tuesday - was Preparation day: "Today I prepare myself for the week to come". Action: To spend an hour and a bit writing out a plan for the following week.

Day 2 - Wednesday - was Reduce day - very hard for me - "Today I acknowledge my left brain and organisational skills, and how they help me". Action step was to clean my room, clear clutter off the horizontal surfaces. Goal for the next week is to keep them cleared...

And that brings me to today, "orange juice day". Otherwise known as Day 3. Today was "compassion/generosity"... "Today I honour the people and light beings around me, and I value their needs just as my own". Action? To bring something to everyone I meet... be it a gift, a smile, a well-placed thought...

I found that hard today. Mostly because I've been so focussed on myself, with this cleanse and all... it's hard to focus on others. Also, because that's hard for me to begin with...

And tomorrow? man. I don't know how cut out for this stuff I am. My head hurts, I feel kinda nauseous, and I'm really tired. I know I'm dedicated... but maybe this is too intense for me... have I bitten off more than I can chew?

ooh - and can you comment if you've done the Master Cleanse before? I'd love to hear your voices on it. So far, I'm plugging along. Tomorrow is Day 4... that's Gratitude day. Sheeeit.... hope I can dig to that next level beyond the ego...

Love,

meg

No comments: